To be eligible for GST refund, you must be a tourist and have to meet the following criteria:
- You are not a Singapore citizen or permanent resident;
- You spend 365 days or less in Singapore in the last 24 months before the date of purchase;
- You have not been, at any time, employed in Singapore in the past 6 months before the date of purchase;
- You are not a member of the crew of the aircraft on which you are departing from Singapore;
- You are 16 years of age or above at the time of purchase; and
- If you are a student pass holder, you must have purchased the goods in the last 4 months before the expiry of your student pass.
You may then qualify for GST refund if the following conditions are satisfied:
- Spend at least SGD100 (including GST). You may accumulate up to 3 same-day invoices/receipts from retailers bearing the same GST registration number to meet this minimum purchase amount;
- Apply for your GST refund using the Token or eTRS Tickets at the eTRS self-help kiosk at the airports;
- Depart with the goods within 2 months from the date of purchase either via:
- Changi International Airport Departure Hall; or
- Seletar Airport Passenger Terminal;
- Depart with the goods within 12 hours after obtaining approval of your GST refund;
- Claim the refund from the approved central refund counter operator within 2 months from the date of approval of the application; and
- If you are a student pass holder, you must have fulfilled all the above criteria, purchased the goods in the last 4 months before student pass expiry date and intend to depart with the goods and remain outside Singapore for a minimum period of 12 months.
*WITHDRAWAL OF TAX REFUNDS FOR TOURISTS DEPARTING BY INTERNATIONAL CRUISES
Tourists departing by the cruise terminals (Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore or Singapore Cruise Center at Harbourfront) have until 31 August 2017 to claim refunds on purchases made before 1 July 2017. The eTRS facilities at the cruise terminals will be removed after 31 August 2017.
Please visit IRAS website for more information.