You may qualify for tourist refund if the following conditions are satisfied:
1. Spend at least SGD100 (including GST). You may accumulate up to 3 same-day invoices/receipts from retailers bearing the same GST registration number to meet this minimum purchase amount;
2. Apply for your GST refund using the Token or eTRS Tickets at the eTRS self-help kiosk at the airport or cruise terminal;
3. Depart with the goods via Changi International Airport Departure Hall / Seletar Airport Passenger Terminal / Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore*/ International Passenger Terminal at Harbourfront Centre* within 2 months from the date of purchase;
If you are departing on an international cruise* (excluding cruises-to-nowhere, round-trip cruise and regional ferry) from the cruise terminal, you must:
4. Declare that you are exiting Singapore and will not return via the same voyage on the same ship, using your cruise itinerary as documentary proof of your departure; and
5. Commit that you will not be returning to Singapore within 48 hours.
6. Depart with the goods within 12 hours after obtaining approval of your GST refund;
Claim the refund from the approved central refund counter operator within 2 months from the date of approval of the application; and
If you are a student pass holder, you must have fulfilled all the above criteria, purchased the goods in the last 4 months before student pass expiry date and intend to depart with the goods and remain outside Singapore for a minimum period of 12 months.
* WITHDRAWAL OF TAX REFUNDS FOR TOURISTS DEPARTING BY INTERNATIONAL CRUISES
Tourists departing by the cruise terminals (Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore or Singapore Cruise Center at Harbourfront) have until 31 August 2017 to claim refunds on purchases made before 1 July 2017. The eTRS facilities at the cruise terminals will be removed after 31 August 2017.
Tourists with valid Social visit stamp arriving by air OR Cruise boarding pass arriving by qualified cruise-ships.
Student pass holders are only eligible to claim for purchases made within the last 4 months of their stay in Singapore and satisfy all criteria of tax refund. They must also confirm that they will not enter Singapore for education purposes again in the next one year.
Non-Work Pass Holders
Long Term Visit pass/Visit pass and Dependent Holders who are not employed in Singapore AND have not stayed more than 365 days in the last 24 months (accumulative).
Previous Work Pass Holders
For tourists who used to hold Singapore work pass, they are only eligible for GST refund 6 months after their pass expiry.
Who is NOT eligible?
Singaporeans, Premanent Residents (PR), ALL types of work passes(EP/WP/Work holiday Pass/Training TP), Sailors, Cabin Crew, Foreign Domestic Helpers and Performing Artistes)
Please visit IRAS website for more information.